Friday, October 8, 2010

F.A.M.I.L.Y


Do you ever have days that you are so homesick that it hurts. Well that is what this momma is experiencing at this very moment. I am not sure that I can express the feelings that I have towards moving away from my family. Sure I met the man of my dreams, and we have a beautiful daughter, but being so far away from everything is tough. I am glad that I chose to move away so that I had the opportunity to become independent and gaining experience, but I am having the how-much-longer-can-I-take this kinda day. I just want to have people who love me unconditionally within a 90 miles radius. Is this too much to ask?

Another reason for my uneasiness is Josh is leaving for 2 weeks on Monday morning. Sophia and I will be on our own. I know that I can handle running this day-to-day family thing, but the unknown with Josh's job is hard. I hope that I can find faith to trust in the plan, and know that I have and always will be taken care of. I am just a planner, which is a nice way of describing my control-freakness.

Anyway I wanted to take some time and document how important family is to me. I find comfort in the traditions and routines that my family provides, and I hope to be this for my children. Even though fall is my absolute favorite time of year, it seems to be the beginning of the season that I struggle being so far away from my family and friends. Thanks for reading this friends, and please know how much I appreciate you and that I cherish all of our times together.

~Rachael

2 comments:

  1. I will soon experience this problem when I move out East; but you can always call/skype me! TFJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Herzog ladies are beautiful! No matter how far, the loves of your life are always in your heart.

    ReplyDelete